DATA OF 500 MILLION WHATSAPP USERS LEAKED ONLINE IN 80 COUNTRIES 2022
Whatsapp Data Leaked
WhatsApp has impact a serious information breach. Information of over 500 million users from internationally, was leaked online and put up for sale on a lot of hacking groups and communities by an anonymous seller. Provided that WhatsApp has a user base of over 2 billion, the truth that over one-fourth or 25 per cent of users have had their data compromised, is a large setback for the Meta-owned messaging app
The incident was first reported by Cybernews. Mark Zuckerberg-owned Meta is yet to confirm or deny the incident. The leak has reportedly affected as many as 80 countries, including Russia, Italy, Egypt, Brazil, Spain, and extra. The list also consists of India. The cited source has shared a chart by way of its Twitter handle, which shows that data of more than 6 million individuals has been leaked online.
As per the report, the hacker is selling these datasets on the dark web. It claims that the threat actor is selling the US dataset for $7,000 (approx. ₹5,71,690). While the price for the UK and Germany datasets is $2,500 (approx. ₹2,04,175) and $2,000 (approx. ₹1,63,340), respectively.
Questioning if your mobile number can also be on sale on the dark net? Cybernews provides a method to check whether or not your data has been leaked or not. Right here’s
How to check Data leaked or not?
– Right here, enter your mobile number or email in the search area
– Then, click on on the Check now
– The search result will show whether or not your data has been leaked or not.
What to do if your data has been leaked?
- Change Google Account Password
- Use a powerful password which is difficult to crack.
- Keep away from answering calls from unknown, suspicious numbers
- Refrain from clicking on any links that you could be receive via SMSes.