Adding WhatsApp-Based Ticketing to the Delhi Metro Expands Simplicity
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has launched a simple, WhatsApp-based ticketing system to give commuters in the Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) convenient transportation options. Collaboration between DMRC, Meta, and its authorized partner, Pelocal Fintech Pvt. Ltd., led to the creation of this ground-breaking service.
This automated chatbot system now extends its coverage to include all 12 lines and 288 stations in the Delhi National Capital Region (NCR), including the Gurugram Rapid Metro. The service is accessible in both English and Hindi, ensuring accessibility for a diverse user base.
Passengers can easily purchase tickets from the convenience of their homes or places of employment using the WhatsApp-based metro ticketing system. In the Delhi NCR, including the Gurugram Rapid , this chatbot-driven solution now supports all 12 metro lines and 288 metro stations. The service is accessible to many customers thanks to its availability in Hindi and English.
With Delhi Metro’s WhatsApp-based solution, enjoy hassle-free ticket booking and make your daily commute more convenient than before.
Certainly, here are the step-by-step instructions for booking a Delhi Metro ticket via WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp: Launch your WhatsApp application on your mobile device.
- Compose a New Message: Start a new chat and enter +91 9650855800 as the recipient.
- Send a “Hi” Message: In the chat, send a message that simply says “Hi” to initiate the conversation.
- Choose Language: You will receive a response asking you to select your preferred language. Reply with your choice, either “English” or “Hindi.”
- Select “Buy Ticket”: After selecting your language, you’ll receive a menu of options. Choose “Buy Ticket” by tapping on it.
- Enter Source and Destination: You’ll be prompted to enter the names of your source and destination metro stations.
- Specify Ticket Quantity: Decide how many tickets you need for your journey and input the quantity.
- Review Trip Information: Carefully review the information about your trip, including the stations, quantity of tickets, and the total fare.
- Make Payment: Once you’ve reviewed and confirmed the details, proceed to make the payment for your tickets. An online payment link will be provided to you.
- Complete Payment: Click on the payment link and follow the prompts to complete your payment securely.
- Receive a QR-based Ticket: After successful payment, you will receive a QR-based ticket on WhatsApp. Make sure to save this ticket for your journey.
Now you’re all set to enjoy a convenient and hassle-free ride on the Delhi Metro using your QR-based ticket. Safe travels!
Things to keep in mind while Metro booking:
- Maximum of Six QR Tickets: Users can generate a maximum of six QR-based tickets in a single transaction.
- Ticket Sales Hours:
- For all metro lines, ticket sales hours are from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Airport Line’s ticket sales hours are from 4 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- No Ticket Cancellation via WhatsApp: It’s important to note that you cannot cancel a ticket while utilizing the WhatsApp Ticketing service. Be sure of your travel plans before booking.
- Convenience Fee for Card Payments: When purchasing tickets using a credit or debit card, there may be a small convenience fee. However, UPI-based transactions won’t have this fee.
- 65-Minute Exit Window: After entering the metro station with your QR-based ticket, you have a 65-minute window to exit the station. Make sure to complete your journey within this time frame.
- QR Code Scanning for Entry: To use the QR-based ticket, scan the available QR code at the entry gate of the metro station. This will grant you access to the platform.
- These details should help users have a smooth experience while using the Delhi Metro’s WhatsApp-based ticketing system.