WhatsApp has a lot of great hacks and suggestions that might make your life easier. Without question, WhatsApp is a powerful communication tool in the modern world. With the recent launch of Channels, WhatsApp is stepping up its game and offering a feature that is similar to Telegram Channels, allowing you to remain updated on your favorite creators, celebrities, businesses, and more. This manual attempts to provide a thorough knowledge of WhatsApp Channels as well as helpful pointers for maximizing this intriguing new feature. So let’s start right now!
What Are Whatsapp Channels?
A relatively recent addition to the well-known messaging app, WhatsApp, are WhatsApp Channels. Similar to subscription-based content delivery, these channels offer a means to get updates, news, and content from your favorite creators, companies, or people. Here is a quick rundown of WhatsApp Channels:
WhatsApp first indicated that “Channels” would be coming to the app back in June, and only a few days ago, the feature finally became global. Whether you are a content creator or a regular user, you can now use WhatsApp Channels in all its glory. As Channel creation becomes more widespread, it still appears to be available only to a small number of individuals.
You were undoubtedly used to seeing a Status tab on WhatsApp before today, right? That has changed, and a “Updates” tab has taken the place of the “Status” tab. The Status section will be at the top of Updates if you click on that link. The new Channels section is located directly beneath the Status section. Contrasted with WhatsApp Communities, which was included in the app earlier this year.
This guide explains how to join, create, follow, unfollow, delete, and share WhatsApp Channels, where you can see the channels you’ve followed and receive updates by turning on notifications.
How to Join a Channel on WhatsApp
In this guide, we’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to join, create, follow, unfollow, delete, and share WhatsApp Channels:
Join a Channel on WhatsApp
- Launch the WhatsApp application.
- Select the “Chats” tab.
- A section to look for is “Channels.” It could have that designation or a comparable one.
- Choose the channel you want to join after perusing the ones that are available.
- Usually, there will be a “Follow” or “Join” option available. Touch it.
- If prompted, confirm your subscription.
- Be sure to enable alerts for that particular channel if you want to get updates and notifications from it.
Creating a WhatsApp Channel:
- Launch WhatsApp on an iOS or Android device, then select the Updates tab.
- A plus icon is located next to the Channels section here. Click this + sign.
- After that, select Create channel to begin creating a WhatsApp channel.
- A popup box with instructions will appear when you attempt this for the first time. Click here to continue.
- At this point, you will see a few customization options, similar to WhatsApp groups. Here, you may set a profile image and input the channel name and description. Tap the Create channel button after that.
Sharing WhatsApp Channels
- You can locate your newly formed WhatsApp Channel under the “Updates” menu.
- Tap the Channel link button in the top right corner of your Channel after opening it.
- As soon as you top it, you will get four options to share the link for the channel: Send the link via WhatsApp, Share to my status, Copy the link, and Share the link. All you have to do is tap on the option that best suits your needs.
How to Delete a WhatsApp Channel
- You must return to the Updates page in order to delete a created WhatsApp Channel.
- Open the Channel you want to delete by tapping on it here, then press on its name at the top.
- Next, click the Delete Channel button near the bottom of the Channel details screen.
- There is a red Delete button on the confirmation page. Touch it.
- Then, enter the phone number that the WhatsApp account is using in a pop-up window that appears.
- When finished, click the Delete option to finish. The process to remove your WhatsApp Channel goes like that.