Duplicate Voter ID Card: The election season is almost coming Soon. To cast your vote in an election, you must have a voter ID card. Everyone has now acquired the right to vote. In November, there will be elections in Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan, and Chhattisgarh. In addition, there will be Lok Sabha elections in 2024. You will require a voter ID card in this kind of situation in order to cast the votes. However, you can apply for a duplicate card if your original card is damaged. Learn how it works here.
- The duplicate card method is simple to learn.
- Getting a new voter ID card is a process that takes a while.
- However, getting a duplicate card is a simpler process than that.
The Election Commission of India has initiated the online application process for duplicate voter ID cards in all states and union territories, so you can apply while you’re at home.
Follow this step to Apply For Duplicate Voter ID Card
- To create a duplicate voter ID, you must first download a copy of Form EPIC-002 from the website of your state’s chief electoral officer.
- For issuing photo voter ID cards, use this form.
- Use caution when completing this form.
- Please attach the required documents to the form.
- You will also need to provide a reason for creating a duplicate ID card on the form.
- You must also include a copy of the FIR if your voter ID card is stolen or misplaced.
- In addition, the documents should have an identity verification, address, and a passport-sized photo.
- After that, turn in this form to the election officer in your community.
- You’ll receive a number to refer to.
- By using this number, you can check the progress of your application on the State Election Office’s website, meaning you can see if your voter ID card has been printed or not.
- Following form submission, verification takes place before the duplicate card process begins.
- After verification, you will receive a notification. You can then pick it up by going to the local election officer.
You can also apply offline Duplicate Voter ID Card
You can apply offline for this if you decide to not apply online.
- You must apply for this by going to the election officer’s office with the required paperwork.
- Here, the same form must be filled out in order to create a duplicate voter ID card.
- You must complete complete the form with your name, address, and previous voter ID number.
- Provide photocopies of any papers that you could be required to provide.
- You will receive a duplicate Voter ID card following the verification of your documentation.
- You can pick up your voter ID card from the election officer’s office within a few days.