A few of us like to keep things fresh and to meet this never-ending need for something new, we might resort to switching between iOS and Android transfer WhatsApp Messages every couple of years. This way, you can keep in touch with everything new in both ecosystems while also constantly figuring out what works better for you.
Earlier, switching base operating systems for your smartphone would be a mammoth task, but now, the process is a lot easier. Google, Apple, and other manufacturers have developed various tools to make this transfer possible. Apple’s Move to iOS app helps transfer your contacts, message history, photos and videos, settings, and more to your new iPhone.
Until recently, moving WhatsApp messages from your Android phone to iOS wasn’t possible. Now, you can move your WhatsApp data, including account information, profile image, chat history, chats, media, and settings from your Android phone to an iPhone. Your WhatsApp call history, display name, and peer-to-peer payment messages cannot be moved.
What you need to transfer WhatsApp Messages history from Android to iOS
- Make sure your Android runs on version 5 (lollipop) or above.
- Ensure that the iPhone is running iOS version 15.5 or above.
- On your Android, WhatsApp should have version 18.104.22.168 or above.
- On your iPhone, WhatsApp version 22.214.171.124 or above is required.
- Your Android phone must have the Move to iOS app.
- You must use the same phone number on both devices.
- This transfer will only work on a new or a newly reset iPhone.
- Both Android and iOS devices need to be connected to the same WiFi network.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS
- Make sure your Android phone has the Move to iOS app – available on the Google Play Store.
- Once you’ve factory reset your iPhone (not required if it’s a new iPhone), head over to “Apps & Data” on the iPhone’s setup screen.
- Select “Move Data from Android” and wait for the transfer code to appear.
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and tap “Continue”.
- Read the terms and conditions, then tap “Agree”.
- Tap “Next” on the Find Your Code screen, then enter the code that appears on your iPhone.
- Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear on your Android phone.
- Select “WhatsApp” from the list of apps you want to transfer.
- Tap “Next” and wait for the transfer to complete.
- Once the transfer is finished, tap “Done” on your Android phone and continue setting up your iPhone.
That’s it! You have successfully transferred your WhatsApp messages from your Android phone to your new iPhone. Now you can continue your conversations seamlessly on your iOS device.