Permanent Account Numbers (PAN) are 10-character alphanumeric identification cards that are issued by the Income Tax (IT) Department, whereas Aadhaars are 12-digit identification numbers that are issued to Indian citizens based on their biometric and demographic data and are unique to each individual.
Aadhaar is regarded as necessary to register for various services quickly and to benefit from many government programs benefits, despite the Supreme Court’s decision that it is voluntary. This is because it has evolved into an easy-to-use identifying document for all of India.
However, a PAN card is considered necessary for using financial services, including opening a bank account and submitting Income Tax Returns, or ITRs, among others.
if you need to update the residential address on your PAN card because it was previously incorrect or because you recently moved. Here’s how to use your Aadhaar card, which needs to be connected to a mobile phone number, to update the address information on your PAN from the comfort of your home.
- Use the steps below to change your PAN card’s address using your Aadhaar information.
- Visit the portal for UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Service Ltd.).
- Change or fix your PAN card by selecting it, applying for the change or correction, and then moving on.
- Enter your PAN number and select Aadhaar Base e-KYC Address Update on the following page to update your PAN address using the information obtained from the UIDAI database.
- Hit submit after providing all the necessary information, including your Aadhaar number, email address, and mobile number. The Aadhaar-linked email address and mobile number will receive a Time Password (OTP).
- Hit submit after entering the OTP.
- All done. By using the information on your Aadhaar card, you were able to effectively change your residential address.
- You will receive an email and SMS on your registered phone number and email address if the address update is successful.