Instagram is a social media platform that allows users to share images, videos, and text messages. A group chat allows you to communicate with a large number of people at once. However, there could be instances when you want to delete a group chat. If you just want to clean up your chat list or you want to keep your conversations secret.
You can do this on Instagram, then. A group chat that you can delete Group Chat from your list is one that you can achieve. Your talks will remain confidential and well-organized in this way.
But keep in mind that Instagram’s group chat deletion policies are subject to change. For the most recent information, visit Instagram’s help center if you’re unsure how to proceed. And while interacting with people online, always be kind. That’s the secret to enjoying yourself on Instagram.
STEPS TO DELETE A GROUP CHAT IN INSTAGRAM:
- The first step in deleting a group discussion on Instagram is to launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Ensure that the account linked to the group chat you wish to remove is active and that you are logged in.
- When you find an plane icon in the upper right corner of Instagram’s main screen, tap on it.
- This icon is a representation of your group chats and direct communications.
- Locate the group conversation you wish to remove by scrolling through your list of direct messages. A group chat will list all of the members below the name of the chat.
- To open the group conversation, simply tap on it.
- You’ll be able to use this to see your messages, participate in the chat, and share content with the group.
- The ‘I’ symbol (information icon) is located in the upper right corner of the group chat screen.
- To access the group chat options, tap on this symbol.
- The “Leave Group” option is located in the group chat settings.
- To end the group chat, use this button. A confirmation popup will ask you if you really want to leave the group.
- Instagram will notify you with a pop-up notice that you will no longer be receiving messages from that group chat once you have confirmed your decision to leave the group.
- Verify your selection by selecting “Leave.”
- You’ve successfully erased the group chat, congratulations! You won’t get any more notifications or messages from that group, and the chat will vanish from your direct messages.