Although it could appear difficult, changing your location on the Google Play Store is actually very easy. You may actually change the location if you recently relocated to a new nation or simply want to look at the Play Store rankings for another nation.
Things to consider before changing to a different nation on the Google Play Store
There are certain essentials you should be aware of before changing your Country on the Google Play Store:
Regional Restrictions: The laws and ordinances governing the availability of apps, movies, music, and other content on the Play Store differ by nation. Certain areas may have restrictions on or prohibitions against certain types of content. Check to see if the material you require is available in the new nation you want to choose.
Payment Method: In order to move your country, you must have a payment method (such as a credit card or PayPal) linked to your new nation. A legal payment method from the nation you are switching to is required by the Google Play Store. Make sure your payment method complies with the rules of the new nation.
Google Play Balance: If you have any remaining credit in your Google Play account, it could not be transferred over to the new country. Before switching countries, you could have to use the remaining funds or make a refund request.
Pending Subscriptions: If you currently subscribe to any applications, magazines, or services through the Play Store, some of those subscriptions may be ended or rendered impossible in your new country. Before continuing, you ought to review your subscriptions and decide whether to cancel any.
Google Play Credit: If you have Google Play credits, they could not be transferable to the new nation. Use them before moving abroad to prevent losing them.
Access to Previously Purchased Content: Due to licensing agreements or geographical restrictions, some previously purchased apps or material might not be available in the new country. Be ready for the chance that you may not be able to get to some of the things you bought.
Travel Considerations: It’s a good idea to double-check that the country you’ve chosen for your new location is correct if you’re temporarily changing it while traveling. When you get back, you are able to change it to your nation of origin.
Google Play Store standards could indicate that you must wait a year before changing your country settings once more. Make sure the nation you choose is the one you will be using frequently.
You can change your Google Play Store country on PC with these Simple Step
- Launch your PC and go to the website’s Google Play Settings page.
- Click the pencil symbol next to Country/Regions under the Payments option.
- Select the country of your choosing on the following screen by tapping on Create New Profile.
- You can add a new address and a new payment method by following the on-screen directions.
- The Google Play Store will change your location within 48 hours of updating your payment method and address.
You can change your Google Play Store country on Mobile with these Simple Step
By following the instructions below, you can use your Android device to modify your Google Play Store location.
- Launch the Google Play Store application, then tap the profile sign in the top-right area.
- Tap Settings and then select General.
- Select Country and Profiles under Device Preferences under Account.
- Next, choose the nation where your account should be updated. This will only function if Google recognizes that you have moved.
- Agree with the instructions on-screen to add a payment method for that nation.
You Can change your Google Play country with a VPN
Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to get around Google’s requirement that you physically be present in a nation in order to change your location. This hides your physical address and IP address.
- Sign up for a VPN of your choice, then select the country that you want to use as your Google Play Store default setting. It could not be the best decision because, if you do this, you won’t be able to change your nation for a year.
- Open the Google Play Store and choose Create New Profile by clicking the pencil icon next to Country/Region.
- Select the same country that you selected in your VPN app as your current selection.
- After that, you can add another payment method.