Email has become an essential part of our professional and personal lives in today’s digital world. However, deleting an essential email by accident can be an awful experience.
Fortunately, one of the most common email applications, Outlook, offers solutions for recovering lost emails.
When it comes to retrieving lost emails, remember that time is the most important. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that the email will be permanently erased or rewritten. To increase the chances of successful email recovery, act quickly and carefully.
Here’s an easy guide to recovering those important texts while avoiding unnecessary stress.
- Start by looking in Outlook’s “Deleted Items” folder.
- Deleted emails are frequently moved to this folder, allowing you to easily recover them.
- Locate the email you want to recover, right-click it, and choose “Move > Other Folder.”
- To recover the email, select a suitable place.
- Don’t be worried if you can’t find the deleted email in the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Outlook keeps deleted things in the “Recoverable things” folder for a certain period of time.
- To access this folder, go to the “Folder” tab and click “Recover Deleted Items.” A new window will appear.
- You can then locate and recover the deleted email.
- If the deleted email isn’t in the “Recoverable Items” folder, use Outlook’s search tool.
- Enter appropriate keywords or details about the deleted email in the search box.
- Outlook will scan your mailbox and show any results that match.
- Select the proper option to restore the email by right-clicking on it.
- If you are unable to retrieve the email using the procedures described above, you should contact your IT department or email service provider for assistance.
- They may have advanced tools or backup systems in place to recover lost emails.